quinta-feira, 5 de junho de 2008



In this week’s Diva Dish, say olé! as Mickie James, Beth Phoenix and Katie Lea travel to Mexico. Then lace up your walking shoes and hit the road with Layla as she raises awareness for a charity close to her heart. Finally, get the full report from Victoria on the opening of Black Widow Customs.

¡Viva Mexico!The Divas recently traveled South of the Border when
Raw visited Mexico. Diva Dish caught up with a few of the Sexiest Women on Television after their trip.
“The matches were fabulous, mostly because I won every single one of them,” said reigning Women’s Champion Mickie James. “The shows were amazing. The fans were great. There were thousands and thousands of fans. One day in Mexico City, I actually went out into the crowd before the show and walked around and waved and shook hands, and had some one-on-one interaction with our fans, which was really neat.”
When she wasn’t wowing the crowds of our fans, the Mickie was partaking in one of her favorite activities while on a abroad on tour – shopping!
“I like to go out and see things and go shopping. I went shopping in both Monterrey and Mexico City – I couldn’t help myself,” she smiled. “I bought a sweet scarf – you can tie it as a shirt or for your hair. The saleswoman taught me how to tie it different ways. It’s pretty cool!”
Beth Phoenix told Diva Dish her trip to Mexico was also great, especially because she enjoys the hot weather. Plus, she said our Mexican fans loved seeing The Glamazon in person.
“When I was walking from the ring to the back, the fans just showed me a lot of respect. I got a lot of really positive reactions from them,” she explained. “It showed me that they respect what The Glamazon can do. They know quality female wrestling when they see it. That was the highlight of my trip.”
Finally, Katie Lea said she was really looking forward to Raw’s trip to Mexico, where she claimed our fans were in awe of her.
“Our fans in Mexico are just like they are anywhere else in the world. They are fascinated by Katie Lea and admire Katie Lea for her strength, beauty and superior wrestling skills,” she said. “There’s also a little bit of jealousy involved. Some people might hate on me because they can’t be as amazing as I am, but nobody can be!”
On her day off, the British bombshell enjoyed an educational tour of ancient ruins near Mexico City.
“There are two pyramids, a temple area and a whole city buried there. That was fascinating to see, and just really interesting to learn a little bit about the culture, too,” Katie Lea explained.
“I also learned about the Aztec calendar. Supposedly, every two years it resets itself. The next time will be in 2012. Some people think it means it’s the end of the world, but it’s not actually the end of the world, it’s just a huge shift and the spiritual world will change. People will get a new perspective. There will be a giant ceremony at those pyramids, so maybe I’ll get to go back.”
Watch
exclusive video of WWE's tour of Mexico. Also, check out photos from the Superstars' trip.

Walking for a causeWhile Layla may be ruthless in the
ECW ring, the Diva has a soft spot for her favorite furry friends when she’s outside of the ropes.
“I just did a charity walk called ‘Walk for the Underdogs’. I was walking for a dog who needed to be adopted, who had nowhere to go, which is sad,” she explained. “I have two dogs – Tyson and Kai – who I have spoken about before. If we can raise enough money to keep these dogs sheltered and alive, then I want to help.”
The Diva and Tyson participated in the 1.3-mile walk in Los Angeles earlier this month on a Sunday morning. It seems Layla returned home with another canine companion.
“Of course, there I was, little miss sappy – I saw another dog. I adopted a little Chihuahua mix. She’s three months old. I named her Kona,” she smiled. “I adopted another dog, just to save her life. She’s a new member of the family.”

Sem comentários: